Although I will miss Rusty running up to greet our car driving through the cattle guard as if he were a dog, I will not miss him pooping in my garage or on my front porch, pecking at the small children who come to visit, or him pecking away at my bumper because he sees his reflection.
March 29, 2009
Sad, Sad Day...
It's a sad, sad day in the Hale Household. Although not many of our friends agree. Rusty Rooster has gone on to Rooster Heaven. We woke up yesterday morning to feathers spread all over our yard and horse trap. Will informed us that Rusty must have met his match during the night. We are not sure what got Rusty but it may have been a coyote or something. I am sad to say that I had gotten so use to his crowing at 5 am that I didnt even miss him on the dreaded Saturday morning when we found his feathers spread across the lawn.
Although I will miss Rusty running up to greet our car driving through the cattle guard as if he were a dog, I will not miss him pooping in my garage or on my front porch, pecking at the small children who come to visit, or him pecking away at my bumper because he sees his reflection.
Although I will miss Rusty running up to greet our car driving through the cattle guard as if he were a dog, I will not miss him pooping in my garage or on my front porch, pecking at the small children who come to visit, or him pecking away at my bumper because he sees his reflection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Shelly, that is so sad! I wonder what got him!
I've been waiting on this post all weekend!
RIP, Rusty. May there be lots of hens for you up there in Rooster Heaven! ;-)
I stay say Sharon might have been the culprit... she has something against roosters, you know...
Poor Rusty! He was a great attack rooster. May he rest in peace.
Love ya,
Poppy
The memories of Rusty will be forever in our heart. Of course, Connor will now enjoy coming out to your house more knowing Rusty will not be there to pick a fight.
Poor Rusty. May your feathers be full, your crow louder in rooster heaven.
Hahaha, I'm sorry but this is too funny. Poor thing. How did the girls take this news? I'm afraid if it had been my stepson he would have cried all weekend long. :)
I say "ditto" to Betsy's comment! RIP, Rusty Rooster!
We will treasure the memories of Case screaming like a girl when being attacked by Mr. Rusty. Fun times!
Oh my. How many folks has he taken a bite out of? Jim wants to know what color Easter chicks you want.
Love you
MOM
Poor Rusty!!! We will miss him. I won't have to try and run for cover when I get out of car. It is like a death in the family even though he was a stinker. I bet Vi would agree w/me
Love ya,
MIMa
Chicken... it's what's for dinner.
(Betsy showed me this post and I had to laugh...)
Luke
Post a Comment