Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

March 9, 2009

WHEW, Glad that one is over...

I always look forward to the weekends unless it is a weekend like this last one. Just about everyone in our house was sickly this weekend. I like to blame it on Emiley because she started the "virus" for us on Tuesday when she woke up with a fever, cough, congestion, and headache. I quickly rushed her to the doctor because we have spent time in the ER with her and pneumonia before and I dont ever want her to be that sick again. So Tuesday, Miss Em was down and by Friday it was me. I spent most of Friday afternoon in my bed and on the couch. I took a Ny-Quil Friday night and went bed at eight. I didnt get up until 10:30 the next morning. Abbey woke up Saturday morning with a fever and felt crumby, too. I went to the local burger joint got us all burgers for lunch then went back to bed until 4:30. Abbey and Emiley rested off and on all day, too. Will was working so he stayed away from the "bug" but came home and cooked us some steaks on the grill Saturday night. We all woke up Sunday morning feeling like a million bucks so we were off to church and spent the rest of Sunday just resting up for the week. Lainey had an eventful weekend. (Luckily, she hasnt felt bad yet either!) Lainey had her first sleep over. My kids are A LOT like me and dont like sleeping over at their friends' homes. Lainey's little friend K invited her and Abby K. over after school. About seven o'clock K's mom called and asked if Lainey could spend the night. I was a bit hesitant but Lainey begged me to stay. I let her stay but fully expected a call around nine to come pick her up! No Call!! Lainey made it all night. I was so proud of her and she was really proud of herself, too.
Yesterday was summer-like weather so the girls put on their swimsuits and played in the sprinkler. We are very anxious for summer to arrive and for the "virus" to stay away. :)

Happy Monday!




Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad everyone is better...What AWESOME pictures of the girls...

I'm ready for summer too!.... The girls will have to come back for more tubing and lake time!

Love you
MOM

Steve said...

Before we know it...all of you will have your super brown summer suntans and make the rest of us look like we wear hospital hose! Hope everyone is feeling better! The stuff just won't go away.
Have a super week!

I love you..
Poppy