Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

May 28, 2009

Fall To Your Knees...

Today I woke just like everyday. Ready to take it all on. I made my bed, had shower, put on my make-up, got dressed, packed the girls' lunches, woke the girls, got them off to school, stopped at Sonic for my daily unsweet tea, and finally came home for my quiet time, and turned on the computer.

I turned on the computer to find that there had been an Earthquake in Honduras. WOW! Honduras is now in a tsunami alert. We leave for Honduras in one week from today. Please fall to your knees and pray for the people in Honduras. I talked to Rosy (my friend who is from Honduras who is going on this mission trip with us next week) and she said her family is fine. Please fall to your knees and pray for our trip next week. Please fall to your knees and pray for our VBS and for the 200 Honduran children we hope to reach and teach Jesus to next week. Please fall to your knees and pray for the 20 women that we will be speaking to. Please help me say the things I have been preparing. Help me say the things that God would have me to say. Let these women see Jesus in me. Let them see hope, love, joy, peace, and God's grace in our time together. Fall to your knees and pray to our gracious Father for these Honduran people who need Him so much. Fall to your knees and pray for our safety. Fall to your knees to pray for God's glory to be seen in all we do the week we spend in Honduras!
And now, just for fun... this is what the girls did while Will and I were at the CapTexTri. They had a little fun with EE and Jim! What Bathing Beauties!



PS... We will be in Choluteca, Honduras. Just southe of Tegucigalpa, Honduras which is the capital city.

Photobucket

5 comments:

kristi said...

I will pray for your safety and that the Hondurans will have an open heart.

On another note, I love Emily's face. She is totally happy.

Anonymous said...

I know all that love you thought about your coming trip when we heard the news this morning. Prayers are being offered for your safe travels as well as those precious lives you will encounter. Praying for peace, goodwill, safety, and courage.

And yes, Jim and I had a blast with the girls...I think there are some scores yet to be settled, especially in laser tag.

Love you
MOM

Tonya said...

Ever since I have found out you were going to Honduras I have been praying. I will continue!

Anonymous said...

I am falling on my knees now and pray for a safe and learning and ministering week....Vi
And NO bad weather stuff.!!!!

Dolloff Daily News said...

will be praying for all the above, keep us posted!