Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

November 25, 2006

Bedtime Prayer...


Emiley has always been a REALLY good sleeper. She falls into a deep sleep fast and talks and snores all night. When she was a baby, I had to put her to bed in her room with the door closed and NO monitor so that I could sleep because she slept so loud and never woke up during the night. Over the last week or so, Emiley says that she had been having bad dreams. She has come into our room and gotten in our bed three times over last couple of weeks. This is the first time that she has ever gotten up...EVER in the middle of the nights so I knew she must really be having bad dreams that were waking her up. I told her that we needed to start praying before she went to bed, asking God to help her have good dreams! The first few nights she said her prayer in her bed as I was tucking her in. The other night she told me she could not pray in her bed. I said OK do you want to kneel by your bed or go pray with daddy or what. She told me she needed to look out her window so she could see God and He could see her. I couldn't hold back the tears as Emiley stood by her window, looked out, and asked God with all her heart to help her sleep good with only happy dreams!

No comments: