Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

November 29, 2006

A Texas Sleigh Ride




These are pictures of what the girls call a "sleigh ride." Will ties the bottom of a wooden crate onto the back of his truck and drives very slowly through the pasture. They have also taken a log from an old tree we cut down and tied it to the back of the truck and called it a "log ride." The girls love it! I personally think it is a bit dangerous and scary, but I let them do it and hope thier daddy will be responsible. The other day the girls were having a "sleigh" ride while we down cut small cedar trees for me to decorate the front porch with. It was going great until Will ran them into a cedar tree! I was yelling at him from the back of the truck to stop... but he said the sleigh would go right over the cedar tree. I don't think he realized how BIG the cedar was. It broke the sleigh and the girls took a bit of a spill. Good 'ole daddy found some wire by the fence row and wired the "sleigh" back together so we could continue on our ride. We had a great day together! The "sleigh" did break again because of a HUGE rock. That time daddy could not fix it and we had to put the poor "sleigh" in the burn pile. It was a great "sleigh" for about a year! I am sure our creative daddy will find something else to tie to the back of the truck and haul my girls on! I never thought I would be a country girl, but I am slowly turning into one. Its lots of fun living out here and doing simple things like tying wood to the back of a truck for a ride around the pasture! Maybe we can do it again if we really get some snow over the next day or so!!!!
P.S. Sarah has gone home. We woke up the other morning and she was no where to be found. She was lots of fun while she was here.... And HI Kate and Kooper! Amy told me yall have been reading about us! We hope to see you over Christmas break.

No comments: