Before I begin this short story I must fill you in on two things. First, Ms. Em loves to eat. She is not a picky eater. She will eat anything and everything from peas to peanutbutter to oatmeal and olives. Second, I am anti-aspartame these days. I struggle with migraines and gave up all "migraine inducing" foods and artificial sugars about a year or more ago. Therefore no more diet coke! I also have take Abbey off of the aspartame products (which is anything with "sugar-free" on it because then it has aspartame in it) because she also suffers from bad headaches and you just never know. Ok... on to the real story. Last night we were eating homemade waffles, eggs, and steak. Emiley wanted another waffle with lots of butter. I told her to go easy on the butter. She said, "You never let me eat much butter, not even a spoon full of butter!" She often tries to sneak spoonfuls of butter from the fridge as a snack and I never let her eat that! She loves anything! So then Ms. Em says, "Mom, does butter have aspertame in it?" I couldn't control myself...Did she just say aspartame??? OK... I must be going a bit overboard with the aspartame issue. I told her it did not.... that just added to her confusion as to why she could not have a spoonful of butter or tons of butter on her waffle! I was laughing to hard at her way of thinking to tell her that butter had fat and cholesterol in it! Oh well......... She will learn soon enough... but for now she knows to watch out for the aspartame!
April 23, 2007
Butter...
Before I begin this short story I must fill you in on two things. First, Ms. Em loves to eat. She is not a picky eater. She will eat anything and everything from peas to peanutbutter to oatmeal and olives. Second, I am anti-aspartame these days. I struggle with migraines and gave up all "migraine inducing" foods and artificial sugars about a year or more ago. Therefore no more diet coke! I also have take Abbey off of the aspartame products (which is anything with "sugar-free" on it because then it has aspartame in it) because she also suffers from bad headaches and you just never know. Ok... on to the real story. Last night we were eating homemade waffles, eggs, and steak. Emiley wanted another waffle with lots of butter. I told her to go easy on the butter. She said, "You never let me eat much butter, not even a spoon full of butter!" She often tries to sneak spoonfuls of butter from the fridge as a snack and I never let her eat that! She loves anything! So then Ms. Em says, "Mom, does butter have aspertame in it?" I couldn't control myself...Did she just say aspartame??? OK... I must be going a bit overboard with the aspartame issue. I told her it did not.... that just added to her confusion as to why she could not have a spoonful of butter or tons of butter on her waffle! I was laughing to hard at her way of thinking to tell her that butter had fat and cholesterol in it! Oh well......... She will learn soon enough... but for now she knows to watch out for the aspartame!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey I think aspartame should be in every 4 year old child's vocabulary. I personally thought you were talking about some greek god when I read it. I think aspartame was the greek god of artificial sweetener. Just kidding...I was actually checking blogs today and had to leave a comment. Kids are so funny...Denver's concerned about caffeine these days. However, he pronounces it caffeinuh. "Momma, does that have caffeinuh in it?" Love to read about the girls...keep posting.
Post a Comment