Well, I've gotten lots of emails and phone calls and everyone is wondering, "How's it going?" Well, things are going pretty good. Emiley does not start preschool until after Labor Day, so I havent had "a morning all alone" yet, but it is coming. Abbey and Lainey are really enjoying school so far... they havent had homework yet which has been great for me, but they are asking when they are going to "get going" and start having the hard work.
Abbey's class is GREAT! She loves it. They are studying a frog unit and MANY, MANY kids come into the school each morning with a frog for the classroom. Abbey and Lauren caught one the other night while swimming to share with the class. Of course, their frog got out and somehow got under the wall! Mrs. Poe has had lots of excitement already this year. Abbey is blessed with two great teachers this year and a room full of "good kids." It is going to be fun to watch them grow and learn this year while also having lots of fun. The only thing Abbey is really upset about is that the library is not open yet, so she hasnt gotten a book yet. I told her to be patient.......
Lainey has done great, too, but she is really tired when she gets home. She said she loves centers, drawing, and singing all the songs. She does not like PE or reccess because she says it is too hot. Lainey said she and her buddy Abby just sit under the tree whenever they get the chance outside.... to keep cool! Lainey had a wonderful first day, but come home with a "sore throat" and wasnt sure she could go back. She did go back, but on day two, her clothes were hurting her so bad she was sweating, itching, and just knew she now had hives. Day three she changed clothes three times before we finally got to school because she knew the same thing would happen as the day before and she said she could not handle it! Today was great. Lainey woke up with me at six o'clock, shared a bath with me, got dressed, help me pack her lunch, and headed to class on her own. She didnt want me to walk her in! She has a special little girl in her class who is blind. Lainey sees it as her mission to take care of this little girl. I think it will be a good experience for her.
Emiley and I have been enjoying our week together. We are playing "restaurant" as we speak. We have played Candy Land a million times, Memory, and Junior Scrabble. She is lots of fun and talks ALL DAY LONG. On Tuesday, Emiley spent some time with Grammy while I went and volunteered at the school. I also got to have lunch with two of my girlfriends with no kids. This has not happened in years. We had a great time! Emiley had fun too with Grammy at the cow sale and learning to play chess. Yesterday we made a trip to "the city" to buy groceries! We are all stocked up and ready to go.
Tonight is Emiley's open house at the preschool. It feels weird to not be involved with the preschool at all this year, but there has been no stress for me! I am really looking forward to some time for "ME". It hasnt happened in eight years....... I plan on running again and doing lots of projects around the house.
Have a safe, holiday weekend. The girls will perform their Disney musical numbers again this weekend, so it will be a busy one..... along with the Dove Festival Run, parade, craft booths, etc...
and thats "How it's been going!"....
1 comment:
Shelley, I just read those poems and even though I don't have one in school they still made me cry. The closer it gets to Neely going to Kindergarten the more I am dreading it.
You're girls are so beautiful in all their pictures from the first day of school. I'm glad everything is going well and it sounds like they both like school. Have a great holiday weekend!
Post a Comment