Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

August 22, 2007

Pink Clouds, Back doors, and ELVIS...

I feel like I have only been "recapping" our busy summer and have not taken the time to share with you some of the funny thoughts and sayings that the girls say throughout the days. There are always so many funny things that happen around here that I could share many stories each day. Today has just been a day at home! We are really enjoying just "being" before we have to begin going and going and getting a routine again with school. This morning as I was trying to take a bath in the peace and quiet, I was greeted by Emiley and Abbey. They brought their little stools into the bathroom to watch me take a bath and to just talk this morning. It wasnt long until Lainey had joined them and as most of my baths end up, I had three sets of eyes watching me and three little mouths all talking at the same time. We began talking about school starting on Monday and how I would miss Abbey and Lainey while they were at school, but the days would go by fast and I would be there to pick them up every day. Lainey says, "Mommy, will you come get me when the clouds turn pink?" I was a bit confused, but I said yes I will be there around 2:45 ready to give you a BIG hug. I love her imagination and her way of thinking. She does not see ANYTHING in a normal way. It is all in a dream world and in a free spirit manner that makes her so special. I will be there to get her when the clouds are pink if thats when she thinks I need to get her! We then started talking about birthdays, since Abbey's big day is tomorrow, Emiley's is in about three weeks, and Lainey's was last month. Emiley asked when she was born and I told her Sept. 18, 2002. Lainey asked what year she was born and I told her 2001. Abbey chimes in, "I was born a LONG time ago in 1999." Emiley says, "Is that when Elvis was alive?" Emiley and Lainey are obsessed with Elvis right now. They get me to sing some of his songs, we listen to his songs on satellite radio, and have watched Graceland on the Today show recently. Anyway, I tell her no, Elvis was long before 1999... and that he died right after I was born in 1975. She said, "Well, I knew it was 19 something." Later in the morning, I banned the girls to the outside, much like Summer Best, because they were having a little spat. Lainey went out quickly and Emiley was taking her time. So, Lainey yells in the house, "Tell Emiley to get her back door out the door!" I asked what she meant, what is her back door. Lainey said, "You know, her bad word, B-U-T-T!" Somewhere along the way she has learned to spell that bad word. I think that came from
Abbey and something she learned at school! I am sure Lainey will learn a lot more things this year in Kindergarten!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how Lainey takes to school. She will have a story a day...Abbey and Emily will have fun tooo but Lainey will be the one who explains it so clearly.
But what will their Mommie do as she will have a little time for herself. I probally would save it for bathtime. Hang tight to the last few days --as they will be gone forever. ( wonder if the kids need blue suede shoes to go to school?) XOXO, Aunt Vi

Vanessa said...

Dont we all just want to bathe alone?????? Maybe someday......
I am just glad that its not just me!