Everyone who REALLY knows me, knows I LOVE red! So of course, I LOVE my new purse.Everyone who REALLY know me, knows I DO NOT love snakes. Maybe my fear of snakes started as a young girl when my daddy found one in our bar-b-que pit. Maybe my fear of snakes started when there was one spotted on top of the shower stall at church camp. I quickly ran out of the bath house with only my towel. Maybe my fear of snakes is because of the huge snake that we found "sunning" on my wicker chair in the sunroom just a few years ago.
Well, guess what got loose in our school today... on my hallway... in the classroom next to mine... You got it, A snake! Mrs. D, the lady who also works out of my room, thought I was joking when I told her to search our room while I stood on a chair to be sure the snake had not slithered over to our room. She sweetly made a run through our room looking behind the trash can, storage boxes, and in my purse before she announced their was no snake. Mrs. D then said the snake may have gone to the computer lab since it is dark and warm in there. That was an OK thought if I had not just been in the computer lab teaching my fourth grade computer class. As of 3:30 when the bell rang, still no snake. I hope the snake finds his way back to his cage soon. I did tell the science teacher, my school neighbor, about my fear of snakes. He said he was sorry that he had gotten out but this must be a strong snake because he had duct taped the cage shut because he had gotten out two times before!
I personally think it is time to get rid of the snake! I do not love him and I am not sure I can be comfortable teaching knowing he is on the loose :)
Happy Weekend...
11 comments:
I am glad you are back. I was having withdrawls not getting to read your blog. For your sake, I hope they find the snake. Can you teach standing on your desk???
MiMa
As I read, I just knew the end of your story would be that you found the snake in your red purse. I am so glad that wasn't the case! :)
I LOVE your red purse~! but I hate that you're being terrorized by a snake. No wonder the devil was a sneaky snake in the garden, they can just slip in and out. The Bible says you'll bruise his head by your heel- so go stomp his head - or use a hoe.
Yikes! Just knowing that snake is crawling around somewhere in the building is scary enough. What type of snake is it. Dee and her staff just killed a 10-foot boa at the visitor's center at the statue. Probably got too large for someone and they dropped it off. It was living under the back steps at the visitor's center. It was huge and big!!!
Hope you find the snake...
Glad you are back online.
Love ya...
Poppy
Shelley, YOU HAVE TO GET DOWN FROM THE CHAIR!! You cannot teach from the chair. There is a possibility you will be fired if you do not get down from the chair...
HAHAHAHA!!
I know you well, I am so surprised you ever removed yourself from above!!;) Did they have to get a team of negotiators to get you down??
So glad you're back!
P.S. Good thing your new, red purse is not snake skin!!
I love your new purse. I also am a red person. Everytime I see a red purse, I am immediately drawn to it. How big is this snake? Size matters you know.
Snake???? That is NOT in your job description!
Love the purse - it is SASSY!!
When I went to Canton with some friends last weekend one of them bought that same purse. It is really cute and fun!
About the snake...I think I would have to quit until they found it. I am also deathly afraid. I do not even like the ones in the cages at the zoo. Good luck and I hope it is returned to its home soon:-)
The only good snake is a dead snake!
love the purse!!
glad you are back in business!
I like someone else so thought you were going to say the snake was in your purse and was freaking out as I HATE snakes terribly also!!! Love the cute purse though!!
Post a Comment