Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

May 12, 2009

Texas, Our Texas...

Wow! We have had a fun-filled, busy last few days. Friday the girls had their Texas performance at school. Each grade had to dress according to a time period in Texas history and perform dances that went along with the given time period. Abbey's grade had to be the traditional cowboy and did square dancing. Lainey's class performed a dance to "The Yellow Rose of Texas." She had the perfect dress but changed her mind the morning of the show. She still looked cute :) Miss Emiley's class had to represent the Mexican Americans. She looked so cute in this bright colored dress with her worn out boots! Emiley's dancing partner was absent so she had to dance with her ghost partner. She did a great job and never got embarrassed or upset that she was dancing by herself. Look at that smile on her face! Lainey and Shane did a great job dancing and now we have some blackmail material for their senior year!
After Lainey and Emiley had already danced, I had the great idea to video! So Abbey is the only one I got a video of while dancing. I will try to do better next time!

As soon as the girls were finished dancing, I checked them out of school and we headed to Abilene to the Western Heritage Classic. We go every year and always have a great time. This year we were a little late in booking a room.(by this I mean I booked our room in January after calling 20 hotels. we usually book the day we leave... a year in advance.) Needless to say, we were in sort of a roach motel where the TV was controlled by a light switch. It was OK... they had a pool, the girls swam, and we only were in the room from about midnight to eight a.m. each morning.
The ranch rodeo is always so fun. Here is the grand entry with all ranches in the arena wearing there ranch's shirts. It was beautiful! Will and Abbey were ready for a good show.
Lainey and Emiley loved it!
And Lainey insisted that we pose for a picture, too!
It was a great weekend celebrating Texas and the cowboy culture! We were all worn out by the time we got home on Sunday. But it was so worth it and we look forward to next year.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All looks like so much fun...so have you booked a hotel for next year yet?

Love you
MOM

Anonymous said...

I do have to say that after watching the video, it seems Abbey knows her stuff and leads her partner for sure. So proud of Emiley for carrying on and Lainey for being such an individual in her dress and design. They all looked 'simply marvelous'.

e.e

JGWmom said...

Great Pics, Shelley! Your girls are so cute! I blogged about Texas Day at school, too. I love sharing with all our friends and family back in Alabama all the really cool things about living in Texas. It really is a culture all to itself...in a good way! The Abilene show looks really neat, too!
Hope you're having a great week! We'll have to set up some play dates when the kids get out for summer. :)
Shannon

Molly said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I have thought of Kyndall but Robert said no. I think the hard part is going to be getting him to agree on anything! Let me know if you think of anything else! Your girls are beautiful by the way. You should be very proud!