Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

September 28, 2009

Crockpot 101

I have gotten lots of comments and questions about my new best friend... the crockpot. Many of you have wanted me to share some of my favorite "go to" crockpot recipes. This week I will share my favorites with you! They are simple, easy and only have a few ingredients that you are sure to have on hand! I must say that I could not pull off my crockpot creations if it werent for my hubby Will turning on my crockpot during his lunch break. He has really helped me out LOTS since I have gone back to work!!

This week I am going to share a recipe I learned from AMY and her mother-in-law. They call it crockpot fajitas.

1 roast
1 can tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can taco seasoning
1 can beans (black beans or pinto beans whatever you have)
Do not drain any of the cans. Leave the juices for moisture.

Dump all into crockpot and cook on low all afternoon. It will make your roast tender and it will pull apart easily.

Serve in tortillas with the beans, corn, and tomatoes. Top with cheese, sour cream, and avocados and anything else your heart desires!

Check back tomorrow for more crockpot creations...

Photobucket

8 comments:

cheri said...

Okay...I'm starving and the recipe made me even hungrier! I have a crockpot, too. Only I never find tasty meals in it. I suppose I need to put something in the crockpot to cook! I'm trying this recipe out! My new goal is to try to use my crockpot at least once a week (maybe month....)!

Ginger Press said...

I LOVE my crockpot. I don't know what I would do without it, and I can't believe that it took me so long to figure that out. I can't wait to hear some more of your recipes. I have a couple of go-to recipes that I use, but I need more. I would use it everyday if I had enough recipes.

Anonymous said...

Yumm. Sounds good but Gary and I would have to eat it for a week and he doesn't really like leftovers. Keep em coming. Vi

ajphillips said...

This sounds yummy! I will be trying it!

Tonya said...

I am so glad you are doing this. I love getting new recipes...and crockpot recipes are the best.

I love your crockpot. I have found out recently that I need a bigger one. The one I have no I got when we were first married and I didn't plan to use it much. Well, 7 years later, I'm moving on to bigger and better. hahaha!

I hope you have a great week!

Liz said...

Yum! Ooh, I'm sooo trying this with chicken since I'm attempting to be "back on track" and don't have enough "points" left over at the end of the day for roast. Great idea! Keep 'em coming!

Betsy said...

You should have a "crock-pot carnival" and put up one of those little "Mr. Linky" things so everybody can share their favorite recipes. (In your spare time, of course! ha ha! If you had time to do that, then you wouldn't be needing to use a crock pot! ha ha) My crock pot is MY FRIEND, and I use it all the time (especially when it starts to get cooler outside!!!)

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful....

Love you
MOM