Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

September 3, 2009

Friday Favorites Flashback...

Well, This Friday Favorite is a Flashback of sorts. This Friday I am thankful for growing up in a SMALL TOWN and for being able to raise my girls in a SMALL TOWN. I guess it is a shout out to SMALL TOWNS of sorts on this Friday Favorites! Sixteen years ago I able to represent my small town as one of the "Goat Queens!" Here we (Me, Mikey, and Michele) are "showing off" the new World Championship Goat Cook-off T-shirts that were front page news in our Small Town paper sixteen years ago this week. We were the Miss Heart of Texas Royalty in 1993... Has it really been 16 years ago? I cant wait to go "home" and see some of my long lost friends and see the new royalty-Goat queens! Growing up in a SMALL TOWN is such a blessing! We were able to travel the state, meet lots of fun people like this man in San Angelo who let us change clothes in his restaurant before the parade along the Concho River. We cruised around TX on our Pepto Pink float representing our SMALL TOWN and loving it!

Happy Weekend! See you after the World Championship Barbeque Goat Cook-off! Dont eat too much Goat :)

Man, I wish I was still that skinny... If I was only still 17!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Becky said...

You are from Brady?? I have been there several times...in fact my parents have a ranch not far from there, in Santa Anna. I love that area and I have no doubts all the wonderful memories you have growing up there. Got to love small town Texas!