Well, the night of the pageant each contestant has to chose a future queen and future escort to be in the pageant with them. (A little more community involvement!) My CUTE, ADORABLE nephew was chosen to be in it this year! I might add that my brother was also in the pageant in 1984 as a future escort. This pageant has so much tradition in this town!
June 27, 2010
Miss Heart of Texas...
This weekend was the 71st Miss Heart of Texas Pageant back in my hometown! I was in the pageant back in 1993. Yep, that was 17 years ago when I was 17 years old... that was a big eye opener for me! This pageant is a big deal in my little town. The girls who enter have to be between their junior and senior year. The winners are given savings bonds, charms, and lots of other "prizes" from the community. They crown a 2nd runner-up, 1st runner-up, and Miss Heart of Texas! Back in 1993, I was crowned the 1st runner-up. Then the winners represent the Heart of Texas and our community on a float all over Texas for the next year. We went to Austin, Fredericksburg, Llano, Lampasas, San Angelo, Brownwood, just to name a few.
Well, the night of the pageant each contestant has to chose a future queen and future escort to be in the pageant with them. (A little more community involvement!) My CUTE, ADORABLE nephew was chosen to be in it this year! I might add that my brother was also in the pageant in 1984 as a future escort. This pageant has so much tradition in this town!
Mr. Garrett was all set with his tux and tails! He would refer to himself as the "handsome guy!" Here is Garrett with his contestant, Chelsea and his future queen, Makinley.
They were TOO PRECIOUS! Garrett is set to take his bow when he came on stage.
Well, Garrett's girl got 1st runner up which meant LOTS more pictures after the pageant! And means Garrett and his future queen will have to ride in the July Jubilee parade next weekend! I love my hometown.
He is the star of the evening with his big sister, Whitney and their cousins, my girls Emiley and Abbey... Lainey was a bit sad she missed our trip this time but she had a weekend get-away with her BFF.
One great shot of the future escort and the future queen!
My nephew is too cute for words. I am so proud of you Garrett! You are the "handsome guy!"
I wouldnt have missed it for the world! Now I must go pull out pictures of the Miss Heart of Texas Pageants from 1993 and 1984, just for old times sake! I wont try to fit into my dress that is hanging in my closet but I may have to model my sash and crown...
Well, the night of the pageant each contestant has to chose a future queen and future escort to be in the pageant with them. (A little more community involvement!) My CUTE, ADORABLE nephew was chosen to be in it this year! I might add that my brother was also in the pageant in 1984 as a future escort. This pageant has so much tradition in this town!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wonderful photos.. So glad you posted them so we could share in the glamour of the evening! He is "the handsome guy"
He is really a handsome guy. I remember well when you and Chad did your things many years ago.I'm glad that Garrett pull it off. xoxo, A. VI
Post a Comment