After one "sick-episode"(that came after eating pasta for dinner), I decided to give up gluten. I came across this girl and she told me about Elisabeth Hasselbeck's book. I began reading the book. The first chapter brought me to tears. Elisabeth talked about exactly what I had been living for years. THIS WAS ME!
It is not easy. Some days I "slip" gluten... but I pay for it. Some days I eat things that I dont realize have gluten in them and I get sick, then I do more research. I am still learning. Some days I CRAVE things with gluten... I wont lie!
I have found things that have made this easier. Like this trail mix that Betsy brought me the other day is an awesome snack. YUMMY! Definately a FAVORITE!
G-free crackers
Corn tortillas (just watch to be sure there is no added wheat)
Jalapenos with cream cheese (not wrapped in bacon)
Rice chips lime flavored are my FAV!
I really want to try Rice beer
If you are a gluten free eater, please tell me some of your secrets!
These are some of my FRIDAY FAVORITES!
Happy Weekend!...
8 comments:
You can eat Corn Flakes Cereal for breakfast... or Rice Krispies. You can also eat Grits (if you like them...I think they are GROSS, but Mom likes them.) I also have a recipe for cornbread that I make for Mom when she's here that has no flour or anything added... it's pretty good.
Glad you liked the trail mix! Mom buys it at Sam's, but also has a kind that she likes that is from mrsmays.com
I'm glad the G-free diet is working for you. :) I have been wondering if you were still doing that.
I'm so glad you figured it out! We'll have to watch for more good things to eat!
I'm so happy to see this post! I was just wondering how you were doing with GF the other day. I'm glad to hear you are feeling so much better! You're right, eating GF is definitely not always easy, but it's always worth it! :) Some things I'm loving right now are Extreme Trail Mix Granola Bars from Bakery on Main, Van's Blueberry Waffles, Popcorn Indiana's White Cheddar Popcorn and Greek Yogurt!
Also, I was in NY in May and there were GF restaurants everywhere, and nearly every server in other restaurants were knowledgeable of it, so maybe that trend will make its way to TX in the future :)
I feel your pain with the GF diet. It sounds about as much fun as watching for a Diabetic. But truly the feel good thing is the factor. Man, isn't summer going fast. A.Vi
I'm glad to hear it is working out for you.... it is definitely a learning process. Emilie has the same issues you described and they did lots of tests on her and never diagnosed her with anything but endometriosis. She still has bouts but this has helped her SOOO much. She gets really sick when she accidentally eats something glutenous (is that a word???)
She is still learning all kinds of new foods to eat. I think that Costco has a pretty good selection and there are all kinds of things online.
It's much easier to do at home... it gets really hard when you go out to eat or get invited to someone's house who doesn't know.
You could talk to her about it anytime. I'm sure she'd love to chat about it!
i was thought be gulten intolerant years ago before i was diagnosed with lupus. i think would rather have stuck with that diagnoses... haha! but, i agree... it is soo hard to eat gluten-free. and back 5 or so years ago when i did it, it was very expensive because it was fairly unheard of. glad it's working for you though. it didn't really work for me... i just lost a lot of weight on it. --but like i said, that wasn't the problem after all!
Crunchmaster crackers from Sam's are gluten free and are the best thing to pass my lips in a long time! YUMMY!! They are delicious!
Post a Comment