Today is the first day of Spring! I love spring and the change of seasons! I have had the windows open in our house LOTS this week. We have also had to turn the air conditioner on a bit in the nights. {That may have a little to do with the girls being sick with the flu and just not feeling good and being hot then cold with fever :( }

I decided it was time to plant some flowers in my pots on my porch the end of this week. It just always make the front of our house look better. Abover is the pots BEFORE: Here is me "in the process" of planting!

Miss Em was my little helper! She said she LOVES getting dirty!

Here is our finished porch! YAY! It looks GREAT! I think Jack Dog LOVES it, too.

I also bought this fern while I was out getting things to put in my pots.

Then today I got really ambitious and cleaned out the front planter. I wish I would have taken a before picture. I was FULL of YUCKY ivy. I have wanted it out of the for a long time. I cant wait to redo this area. It already looks so much better. Any suggestions on what I should put there?

And finally I added a plant and filled up my hummingbird feeders! I cant wait for my kitchen window friends to return.
HAPPY SPRING!
2 comments:
It looks great. Hope Jasper stays away.
Hi Shelley! It's Caroline from ol' BHS. I looove reading your blog and never comment but I thought I'd make a suggestion for your front bed/planter as I've gotten really into gardening in the last few years and have learned a lot through trial and error. How about Fox Tail Ferns? They're bright green and beautiful, love full sun or not so much sun and are even happy in shade. They grow pretty quickly, and are hardy and evergreen. They do well in Houston but I think they'd be ok in your neck of the woods, too, as long as you cover them when it freezes. Another option could be sweet potato vine. Love its bright green color, too! Just my two cents. :)
Post a Comment