Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

March 17, 2011

Spring Break Spruce Up {Take 2}...

Yep! I "spruced up" other areas of the house this week, too. I tackled the living area of our house, too. I have mentioned before that when we bought our place {a 1960's house on 15 acres} we tore down three walls to make one big room. We have since put one wall back up to make a fourth bedroom but we still just have one large living area! I have had a hard time decorating this area... Let me also so that every piece of furniture we have has been given to us except for our couches that we just recently bought.

BEFORE:
Yes, there is a bike in our living area! Hubs is a rock star :) I asked him to bring it in... I have been on it a few times but its his bike and not mine and his seat hurts my backside!



AFTER: My cousin suggested getting a rug to "anchor the dining area that had the same color tones... So I did!!! I also finally bit the bullet and got a dining room table and chairs! I LOVE IT! At times I know I may wish I had a bigger table but for us and on an everyday basis it is PERFECT and it fits in our space and doesnt make it too crowded. The other side of the table has a bench and the girls LOVE that.
My cousin also suggested adding some of my reds and turquoise from the kitchen and dining area to the living area... So I did. {YES, my cousin is a genious and her house is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!}
Tonya also suggested combining my desk and another piece in the dining area. I am not sure this is what she had in mind but I am trying it out. It got rid of a piece of furniture in the living/dining area and I kinda like it for a change! (Ignore the backpacks and the cords. Still working on some STUFF!)
Then I moved my Grandmother's red chair back in front of the window. I use to have it there and loved having it there just to sit in! {When I get to sit!} I added one of my zebra pillows to tie in the living room and dining area...

There you have a few more of my "spruce ups!" Its been FUN!
Photobucket

No comments: