Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

September 9, 2010

LOVE it!...

Yep, I finally ordered Angie Smith's book "I Will Carry You" thanks to a gift card I received from a sweet blogger friend who I have NEVER met...Thanks Christine! Let me just say I am LOVING it and the sweet words and scriptures Angie shares are blessing my days, hours and minutes... If you havent read it, you need to get it! It is an amazing story... I have never lost a child or felt the grief that Angie has felt.

I am only on chapter four, but one thing that keeps playing in my head that Angie said in one part of the book is... "My Jesus is the same today as he was yesterday."

I need to hear that so often. My Jesus is constant. He is the same today, yesterday and will be the same tomorrow. He is never changing! Jesus is the same when I am NOT the same. Jesus is the same on my good days and my bad days. Jesus is the same when I am happy and when I am sad. Jesus is the same when I am healthy or when I am feeling sick. Jesus is the same when I am helpful or hurtful. Jesus was the constant in Angie's life when things were amazing and when things were falling apart. I need to remember that today and always! Even though I have not walked in Angie's shoes, I have felt grief and joy... I feel grief and joy daily. I am so thankful that Jesus is my constant!

Go get the book... You will be glad you did!

Happy Thursday...

Photobucket

2 comments:

ajphillips said...

I went back and read so much on her blog after my 2nd miscarriage. She is amazing. Her story is also mentioned a lot in "Plan B" and she did a little documentary on YouTube for Plan B. Amazing woman and I'd have to say her story definitely helped me!

The Daileys said...

Lordy, that is one book I will NOT be able to read until my little one that is currently incubating under my heart is safely delivered and breathing in my arms. The truth remains, however, Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever and our circumstances never change that. I look forward to reading this IN THE FUTURE :)