Miss Em had another cake that evening at the request of her sisters and the Killian girls!
September 21, 2010
Triathlon Excitement...
This Saturday we took a family get-away to Will's triathlon on Inks Lake! It was also the day of Emiley's ACTUAL Birthday! We stopped at the Yumm Factory in Lampasas on our way and Miss Em enjoyed a birthday lunch of ribs... 
Miss Em had another cake that evening at the request of her sisters and the Killian girls!
Let me start by staying our weekend was suppose to be full of rest and relaxation. Sunday morning I woke late and to a flat tire! This happened the last time I was at the lake house so I know how to work the air compressor. Will and Luke were off to the triathlon. Betsy and I began to try to air up the tire. NOPE, not going to happen. Not only was it not going to happen, we blew a braker! Got the braker switched but the compressor was not gonna do it! So Betsy says we are going to change the tire. I have NEVER changed a tire! But in order to even THINK we are going to make it the two miles to the triathlon with six kids Iguess we are changing the tire.
We got the jack out, the spare out and every started just fine... the problem came when we were trying to get the bolts loosened. We decided to stand on the wrench thingy while hanging onto the luggage rack! Good times!!!
Miss Em had another cake that evening at the request of her sisters and the Killian girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
We love camping at Inks Lake! Looks like y'all had a good time!
Shelley-- Found your blog from Sara Clouse's blog! Small world, huh? I was so glad to see this was YOUR blog...I just had such sweet memories of Fr Bob and Catherine on Sunday, and wished I knew of a way to tell you, and here's the way! Love to you and your sweet family.
Peace,
Rachel
Shelley,
So good to see you and your sweet family! Sunday found me at church, as usual, but instead of usual church thoughts, I found myself thinking about Fr Bob and Catherine, and just being so grateful for the time I got to spend with them. Thank you so much for sharing them with so many of us.
Your family is beatiful! --rachel
Too funny, I had a flat tire a couple of weeks ago. I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago, the nuts are impossible to turn. Impressed with your speed, looks like a wonderful time. Have you been keeping up on the Browns? Looks like Colt should get in at quarterback - we have nothing else!
That looks like a great weekend. Being on the lake is always. A good time. Really appreciate seeing Rachel's comment. I miss them so.
Thank you for all of your sweet comments! I read your blog everyday :)
Way to go girls! I think I would have had to walk! Looks like a fun weekend!
Awesome... I am just thankful you included a shot of your backside, too! ha ha! That pic of me is SOOOO attractive! ha ha!
It was a blast - we need to do it again (minus the flat tire!) ha ha!
Post a Comment