Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

April 26, 2011

Dinner on the Grounds...

When I was growing up every time we would have lunch after Sunday morning church we would call it "Dinner on the grounds." Well, the Sunday before Easter our little church had a real "dinner on the grounds! Our little church recently purchased the lot behind our little church building. It is a vacant lot that has an old rock structure and some beautiful trees. Many of our members gave of their time to clean up the lots so that we could have a picnic and Easter egg hunt on this Sunday after church. The kids LOVED it! My Abbey is getting so big and LOVES helping with some of the babies!
Emiley ate her lunch at the smaller kids table! It is so sweet to see them all mingle with each other!
I LOVE church potlucks and so do my girls!
Then it was time for the Easter egg hunting. There were so many eggs. Every kid had a FULL BASKET!
Lainey Girl stopped and posed for me!
Abbey hit the eggs for the little girls and hunted for a few eggs! She didnt want to miss out on all the candy! I even made her pose with her Easter basket. I cant let her grow up just yet!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well looks like you'll did enjoy the afternoon. I too love a pot luck. Wish I had someone to cook tonite. I just don't want to. A.Vi

Brandi said...

That's so cool! Our church is sooo big that we could never pull that off. I remember spending summers in DeLeon at my aunt's church and having potluck lunches. I'm talking 20 members of the church and way out in the country..white little steeple church!! Great memories!!!

Sandi said...

Hey, I just saw that you are from hamilton on my sister's blog. Do you know Sarah Bauman? She is a dear friend and i haven't seen her in forever. She has 3 boys.