I came away from last weekend with lots of realizations... The first is that I do not even THINK about getting my camera out of my purse unless my cute, photographic children are around. These are the only two pictures that I took! That is so sad because we actually got "all beautified" Saturday night to go to dinner downtown. Anyway, here are some of my other realizations from this weekend with some of my best buddies in the world...
...I realized I LOVE IKEA! I have always known that I liked it but I can truly say, "This store is one of the best." I got some great bowls with lids, small juice glasses, a new red colander and cutting board, some rugs for my sunroom, and two fly swatters for $ .25. This trip to IKEA was especially fun because Steph. and Betsy had never been before. And I had never experienced the IKEA restaurant. I highly recommend the Greek Salad. At one point in our over two hour IKEA experience, we all asked each other how we grew to LOVE all things homemaking :)...I realized my buddies must use way more deodorant than I do! No, I dont stink, but I do sweat more because I dont drench myself in the roll on white stuff.
...I realized I loved Ester's Follies. Lots of Laughs!!!
...I realized Roux is a great Cajun Food Place.
...I realized that $7 cheesecake delivered by roomservice at 2 am is the BEST!
...I realized I dont need as much sleep as I thought.
...I realized friends that I have had since 2nd grade are the best and we hit it off just like we did at China Elementary way back in the '80's.
...I realized it is HOT.
...I realized I love to bargain shop even when it is hot and I have only had four hours of sleep.
...I realized I am still a nervous, little chicken and Kelly still loves to scare me.
...I realized I love strawberry banana smoothies.
...I realized you should pay attention to those row markers at large parking lots like at the Round Rock outlet mall because you might lose your car and there are lots of tan suburbans and it is even hotter walking the parking lot searching for your means of transportation.
...I realized Betsy and I truly do attract "strange people." Every where we go... It never fails.
...I realized I always miss my kids and hubby when I am away from them, but they can survive without me and we can survive a weekend without doing any dishes or laundry.
6 comments:
Shell,
Glad you had a great girls weekend. There's nothing like getting out of town and bargain hunting. And, you're right, our childhood friends always turnout to be our best friends for life. I'm thankful you had wonderful friends in Brady growing up. You and Chad were both fortunate to have been in grades that had good kids and interactive parents. It was fun and I cherish those days!
I love you,
Poppy
Sounds like you had an awesome time! A girls' Weekend sounds like something that I need right about now, at the end of a BUSY summer!
And IKEA...the BEST!!
I plan on hitting IKEA on the way home from Schlitterbahn...even if it really isn't "on the way home"!!
So glad you had a fun time with the girlies. We must do it soon!!
glad you had FUN! Hope to see you all soon. : )
...and thank you ever so much for letting me tag along with you and your childhood friends!! I had a BALL! I really needed to get away from it all... thanks again!
Sounds like you had such a good time! I totally agree- it is so much to have friends in your life that you have had for so long. Thank you for sharing, and I am glad you had a "mommy/wife free" weekend!
Post a Comment