Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

July 14, 2009

10 Reasons Why...

Life has been crazy, but things are beginnig to slow down and get back into a somewhat normal routine. As I ponder my day today... I am faced with the fact that I MUST go to the grocery store SOON!

Here are the top 10 reasons why I must visit HEB in the VERY near future.
1. Emiley is having popcorn for breakfast.
2. The grey hairs on my head are over taking the brown ones. Time for my miracle in a box.
3. Lainey wants to make a fruit salad which is impossible with NO fruit.
4. Handsoap in the bathrooms is a must.
5. I havent had a glass of tea in almost two weeks.
6. The only thing in my freezer is some tilapia and 5 popcicles.
7. Only one piece of bread... not enough to make everyone a grilled cheese for lunch!
8. We already ordered a pizza for dinner last night so I must cook tonight. Looks like it will be tilapia unless I make it to the store today.
9. Crossing our fingers we dont run out of Caress soap or deodorant before I get there.
10. How long can you really survive with no milk?

I have been cleaning out every closet, drawer, hidden space in my house getting ready for my garage sale. Things are looking a bit more organized and my heart is singing! The girls have been a huge help. We had to treat ourselves to a Sonic Happy Hour drink yesterday because we cleaned out the efficiency house and the cellar in the 104 degree temps. Not fun... but success! Lots of the junk from those two areas is now in the garage awaiting customers.

And finally, with all the busyness of life, I realized I hadnt posted a single picture of Lainey's simple birthday party. Lainey insisted on having her party on July 2 since that is her birthday! We had a few friends over and Gary, Vi, and Poppy and called it a WONDERFUL day.

Here is Miss Lainey with her cake! She made it herself... because she wanted to!
Miss Lainey posing with a new outfit and a new Webkins... her favorite things in life right now are clothes, Webkins, and Barbies.
And yes, Jack the dog even got in on the celebration!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it was a Wonderful day to celebrate a Wonderful creation!!! We had a great evening with Lainey and the party she planned.Vi and Gary

Tonya said...

I hate grocery shopping too! And my fridge sounds like it is looking like yours. :(

Unknown said...

Lainey's party was fabulous. It was the perfect ending to a day of scraping, filling holes, moving furniture and painting. Her cake was wonderful. But there was nothing more rewarding than to see my Lainey Girl with that big, heart-warming smile enjoying HER DAY.

Love ya'll,
Poppy

Betsy said...

... and now I feel even MORE guilty that we didn't make it to the grocery store today!!!!!

Amanda Moron said...

That post was too cute! I started working on my groc list as I made cocktail wienies and rice for dinner because that is all we have! Why is groc shopping such a chore! Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

I hated missing Lainey's birthday party! Poppy told me I missed a great party...most of all I missed her great smile. I am sure it was a perfect party if she planned it.
Can't wait to see all the progress on the house...sounds like it is looking beautiful...I like the dresser for Lainey's room...you girls are quite a team!
See you soon...Love, Dee