Home About Me The Girls Contact Me Deals & Steals Facebook Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Email Twitter Image Map

July 31, 2009

Fun Times Friday...

Well, I am back at it... participating in Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live/Show Us Your Life" Series. This week we are sharing our wedding party and wedding flowers. Since I wasnt able to share my wedding dress last week I have added a picture of it as well. I have to admit the reason I havent been sharing in the wedding series is because my computer was hit by lightning and I cant use my scanner therefore I cant scan pictures. I decided I didnt care... I would just take the pictures of my wedding pictures... so bare with me... the pictures are TERRIBLE but you get the idea!!! It is so fun to participate and my Aunt Vi was nagging me to continue in the process :) So here we go!

This is a picture of my wedding bouquet. I wanted all white flowers in the shape of a ball. It was perfect. You can also see our napkin in the bottom. We used gold accents. The other flowers were pink poinsettas on the stage with white Christmas lights and gold bows and green Christmas garland. We got married on December 27, 1997.
This is my wedding dress. I really loved it.
You can see just how big my veil was. I dont love it now, but I did in 1997!
Here is our bridal party. (Wish my scanner was working! Or that I could get it set up on this computer!) The little boys on the end are my cousins who are now grown and married, Ben and Paul. My bride's maids are Kelly Steffens Wharrie (best friend from high school), Farrah Banister Spears (best friend from high school) and Kara McNeely Green (best friend and roomie from Abilene Christian University). Then you see my grandfather you married us Rev. Bob Burton. Then you have Will's brother Walt Hale, a grooms man. Next is Seth James Walker anthother grooms man who is a musician (you should check out his tunes HERE) and next is my little brother Chad Everett. Finally are our sweet flower girls Lily Auker and Jessica Hines and ring bearer Oscar Jake Auker who are our nieces and nephew who are now teenagers! Good times...
Now for my Friday Favorites! I got this fabric over a year ago at Hobby Lobby on Clearance. I bought what they had left at the Abilene Hobby Lobby hoping to find more at another Hobby Lobby to make curtains. Well, my luck, I neve found any more and put it in the top of my closet and never did anything with it. This week, I had my mother in law hem it for me and now I am using it as a table cloth and I L.O.V.E. it! I Love the deep colors in it! Just wish it had a hint of turquoise in it too. This weekend we are heading to Abilene for the annual Caudle family reunion! Should be lots of fun with lots of KIDS! Happy Weekend!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loveorr this Friday favorites. Sorry your computer system took a hit, but your photos turned out well. You did have a lovely wedding, it was a good time! Looking forward to the family reunion too for this weekend...see ya there.

Ashlee said...

Beautiful wedding Shelley!! I love all the white very classic.

Anne said...

I love the fabric for your table cloth! I have the same color scheme in my kitchen. I wish there was a Hobby Lobby on the East Coast!!

Mama Bear said...

I love weddings from the 90's! I love how the trends change. Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Shelley, have your mother-in-law sew some turquoise rick rack around the bottom of your tablecloth or better, hot glue it. Have fun this weekend.
MIMA

JGWmom said...

Hey Shelley! Your wedding was gorgeous!...and I love your new table cloth too! I'm sorry I haven't been in touch lately. I don't know if you know that we just moved. Richard was called to pastor a church in Alabama. We are now only 2 hrs from our hometown of Mobile, which is just icing on the cake. It is a wonderful church and town (Brantley) and we really feel we are in the center of God's will for our lives. The decision was hard because we really love the folks at Calvary Baptist and Hamilton!!! It was not anything we were looking for, God just opened the doors! I really enjoyed your pics and reading all about your mission trip. It looked like God really did an awesome work! I hope that we can stay in touch. I will pray for you as you begin your new job...I know you are excited. I'm sad that Graham won't get to have you as a teacher...I know you will be GREAT! Keep in touch and God Bless!
Shannon

Rebecca said...

I remember being so upset that there was a snow storm with LOTS of ice and I had to miss the wedding!

Unknown said...

I've so enjoyed looking at all the ladies' wedding photos. There's so much love, beauty and creativity.
I love your dress. Everyone looks so gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful day!